This Week’s Sustainable Three Challenge:
RECYCLE! In honor of America Recycles Day, November 15th, take steps to live more sustain-ably by:
- Pick up litter and put it in its proper receptacle
- Start recycling if you don’t already
- Recycle your plastic bags – did you know the liners for cereal can be recycled with your grocery store bags at stores that recycle them?
- Choose recycled (post-consumer content) products
- Stop using straws
- Put cigarette butts in their place
- Start using reusable shopping bags
- Choose easily recycled containers
- Better yet, reuse and reduce by using reusable food containers and cutlery
Leave Your Leaves!
Here’s another good read on not only leaf recycling, but other ways to save water this winter:
To make living more sustain-ably as easy as 1-2-3 through blog posts, challenges and consulting practices.
Do you find yourself overwhelmed by all this talk of Climate Change and Global Warming? What does “sustainable living” mean?
Sign-up here to receive blog updates and Twitter posts!
Learn how to get the “should” off your back. You know, “I really should start recycling.” “I really should ________ less.” “I really should _______ more.” “I really should try riding my bicycle to work. Some day. Maybe. Well, there is no some day, there is only now. Now is the time to take action. And this is the place to find all sorts of activities and actions you can take to make a positive difference on our environment.
Whether you are new to doing things in a “sustainable” way or you are very experienced, you will find some resources here to help. Climate Change is a very real, human accelerated happening. For those who can’t get enough of climate change. One word: Venus. Sadly, there is no Plan(et) “B”. But, what can you do? Well, taking even a small action is something. It literally can be as small as combining three errands to reduce your time in the car. It doesn’t have to be overwhelming and the more you do, the more you will inspire others to make a positive change for the better.
By the way, we only promote products we genuinely ADORE, whether we paid for them — or they are a promoted item on our site.
“How do you eat an elephant?…One bite at a time.” – Creighton Abrams